Hong Kong AlipayIt鈥檚 amazing. As long as the mainland merchant supports the use of Alipay, you can use it.Alipay HKaccomplishUS credit cardConsumption (except for certain payment modes), other types that cannot be swiped:
- Street vendors (no merchant registration, these can only be consumed using Huabei)
- P2P class (can only be useddebit cardor account balance).
Of course now mainland China Alipay + Internationalcredit cardIt is also quite powerful. Compared with Alipay in Hong Kong, it is a little looser in terms of risk control. Unlike Alipay in the mainland, there are some strange risk controls from time to time, which makes it unusable. So if you have the conditions, you can also open an Ailipay HK to prepare.
Account opening method
- A Hong Kong mobile phone that can receive text messages (preferably one that can make calls) [Follow-up phone calls can be paid with AliPay HK or AliPay wechatMake payment銆?/li>
- Bind passport for ID verification
- Download Alipay HK [separateapp銆?/li>
There are many suitable Hong Kong calling cards:
- If you are in China, you can use 3HK and register directly online. You can also go out and turn left to find a certain pig.
- If you are in the United States, you can consider choosing China Unicom's three-place card, but the cost is slightly higher (you can consider suspending the service at ordinary times). If you are in a hurry to apply, you can use the reader's invitation code: 096778.book
Bind credit card
- Payment is bound to allVisa, Master credit card, naturally including American V/M credit card [Note: It is bound to a mainland credit card and cannot be used in the mainland]
- What can be bound is directly bound
- If it cannot be bound, try again after a period of time or ask the card-issuing bank to suspend 3D verification (I鈥檓 talking about you Chase)
- No additional charges (including scanning and being scanned)
You only need to fill in the following information to connect credit cards. Each account can link up to 5 credit cards.
Supported merchant scope and handling fee
The vast majority of merchants that support Mainland Alipay + UnionPay credit cards also support HK + US (overseas) credit cards [with some exceptions]. The handling fee for using overseas credit is as follows:
- Direct consumption via Alipay: None.
- Consumption on Taobao and other Alibaba platforms: 2.5% [requires binding to Hong Kong Alipay]
[2023 Update] The Hong Kong Alipay app shows that starting from September 1, 2023, credit card payment or transfer will be charged a handling fee, and the monthly free limit is HKD 3,000. Hong Kong's CITIC Bank, Hang Seng Bank, and Standard Chartered Q credit cards do not need to pay credit card handling fees, but they do need to pay transfer handling fees.
For other details, please move to the app to view.
Recommended credit card
For most credit cards, that's the 1x spending bonus, which isn't recognized correctly. Considering the wide range, it is very suitable for credit cards with 2%, no FTF, and loose risk control. For example: Sofi credit card
Generally speaking, if you are in China, it is still highly recommended. Of course, bugs often do not work.
Considering "WeChat Pay + Meituan Pay + Mainland Alipay + Hong Kong Alipay + some merchants directly swiping foreign cards" can basically realize the use of overseas credit cards for the vast majority of mainland consumption.